Senior Lead Software Developer/Principal Investigator
Government Programs Division
Praeses is a leader in innovative software products and services. Our client base of local, national, and international organizations includes small businesses,Fortune 100 companies, state and local governments, and the Department of Defense.
The Government Programs Division within Praeses is primarily focused on conducting research in partnership with academia to develop new and innovative technologies to address unsolved problems within the US Government.Our core capabilities include Semantic Web and Ontologies, Software and Natural Language Parsing, Artificial Intelligence, Data Fusion, and Data Visualization. Within the Government sector, our product focuses are primarily Analysis Automation,Situational Awareness Systems, Decision Support Systems, and Data Management and Visualization.
Praeses Government Programs Division is seeking skilled technologists to work on current and upcoming research programs. The technologies and domains in which our team works are both dynamic and broad,and candidates must have strong analytical skills in addition to a diverse technical background. Candidates must be adaptable and capable of quickly learning new technologies, problem domains, and working with unproven technologies on as-yet unsolved problems.
Candidates are sought with a wide spectrum of technical skills and experience, including:
- Object-oriented Development
- Front-End Development
- User Experience
- Systems Engineering
- 3D, Augmented/Virtual Reality, and Game Design
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Data Fusion and Data Visualization
- Big Data - Cluster / Distributed Computing and Processing
- Ten (10) years' experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- Five (5) years' experience in software system design / architecture
- Two (2) years' experience leading software development teams
- Strong experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP, etc.)
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work well within a team environment and mentor junior developers.
- Experience writing technical proposals and/or research papers, in either academic or professional settings.
- Active DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Master in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is highly desired